Winning the Battle of the Forms
One Hour – 9 am PT/ 12 pm ET
Whenever companies buy or sell products without a “master agreement” in place, and both buyer and seller submit their forms to the other, they are doing business on a ‘battle of the forms” basis.
In that case: Has a contract been formed? If so, whose terms govern? How do you resolve discrepancies between the buyer’s and seller’s forms? What is the best way to fight the battle of the forms….to win? What can we do to avoid disputes arising from the “battle”?
Attorney Leslie Marell will discuss these and other issues in this one hour webinar designed to demystify this confusing area of contract law and provide a practical approach to avoiding disputes and “winning” the battle.
Join this webinar to hear:
- What the Battle of the Forms is……and is not
- Traditional contract law: The mirror image rule and the last shot rule
- How Uniform Commercial Code Section 2-207 (The Battle of the Forms section) changed traditional contract law
- Basic guidelines in the battle of the forms
- Suggested language to use in the Buyer and Seller forms
- Practical Approaches and Tips in fighting the battle
- Posturing your company to “win”
- Avoiding disputes that arise from the battle
- And, answers to questions you ask during the webinar.
Leslie S. Marell
Attorney | Speaker | Developer | Author
Please email email@example.com, if you’d like to submit a question in advance for discussion