Demystifying the Indemnity Clause
One Hour – 9 am PT/ 12 pm ET
The indemnity clause is one of the most confusing clauses in the contract. It’s a challenge just to read through the entire section, let alone understand it!
Attorney Leslie Marell will take you step by step through the indemnity clause and explain – in plain English – the meaning of the language and the important issues to consider. You will have an opportunity to read portions of several indemnity clauses from both the buyer’s and seller’s perspective. The goal of this webinar is to provide you with a greater understanding of the issues, the ability to discuss the issues with your attorney, and a higher comfort level.
Join this webinar in which Leslie discusses:
- The purpose of the indemnity clause
- Types of indemnity: General Liability/ Intellectual Property Infringement/ Confidentiality Violations/ Breach of Contract
- Contractual/ Direct indemnity vs Third party indemnity
- Importance of the word “defend”
- The correlation of Insurance to Indemnity
- Relationship between Indemnity and Limitation of Liability clauses
- Typical seller problems with buyer proposed indemnity clauses
- And, answers to the questions you ask during the webinar.